Sunday, October 31, 2004

Unexpected Surprise

Tonight I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a long time. Someone who I have always thought was handsome, sweet, and smart. But our relationship has always been weird. Mixed signals, no signals - then nothing. I was really feeling him when we first met - I was like wowed by the fact that he was still single. He came to visit his brother in DC and the moment I began talking to him, I thought there was potential. Oh, there is one thing - he lives in LA. So we get in touch a little bit, then he disappeared. Then I went to LA and I saw him and it was like his interest reappeared. He got me so excited - he wanted to take a walk on the beach and show me around - you know that is definitely my flow, but he disappeared AGAIN! Like after the night we went to the movies, and talked the next day - he vanished. He later told me something came up, but it was just so weird. Everytime it gets to the point that I really become interested in him, he disappears.

So I saw him tonight, and he looked as good as ever. But this time there was no chemistry. I just couldn't allow myself to get excited over someone, who I know for sure is not going to be around. Talk about childhood flashbacks!

The rest of my evening was fantastic - went to a costume party - saw old friends - met a nice guy. It was fun, I enjoyed talking to him. I think we could be really good friends. It was good seeing HS and CJ again. I haven't seen them since the debacle. I am glad it was on a much happier occasion.

Happy for daylight savings time - I will still be running late tomorrow, though. What's left after you cut the heart out?

No comments: