Saturday, October 09, 2004

Help, My Car, My Car!

I have been told that at times I can be a little dramatic. Well, I have to chalk yesterday's episode up to one of my all time great performances. Except at the time, I really thought I was serious. So I went to the mall to kill some time before work. So I parked, went in, browsed, saw some cute stuff, but didn't make any purchases. Time to go to work, so I walk out to the parking garage and MY CAR IS NOT THERE! I know exactly where I parked, and there was another car parked in my spot, which could only mean one thing. SOMEBODY stole my car....again. So of course, I found security and started ranting about how my car is gone, and how I won't be able to get to work etc, and of course by now I am in tears. I called my friend, who immediately took off work to come pick me up and by the time I hung up the phone, I was hysterical.

Through all the tears and melodrama, a small voice told me to go up one level in the garage. So I did, and to my surprise, there my car was in the exact spot I thought it was a level below, sitting there untouched... I raced over to the car, just as security arrived. I was SO embarrassed, but never happier to see my car. They teased me a little, but they were really cool about it. They told me people do that quite often. What made it so bad, is that I was so ADAMANT, that my car was parked where I thought it was parked. SO all logic temporarily went out the window....

It actually turned out to be quite funny in retrospect :)

No comments: