Sunday, October 31, 2004

And You Are?

What gives you the right to tell me who I should and should not hang out with? I think it is presumptious of you to tell me that I should not be hanging out with people who I consider to be friends, simply because they are of a different race. You know it's ok with me that you feel that way - it was just the way you said it - almost as though you were offended by my choices.

You barely know me and let's face it, if you did, you would know that my best friends from high school were all white and I loved them like sisters. They have been there for me in ways that you never could or would. Yeah, I know, I was called an OREO, but I didn't care then, and I care even less now. I am who I am and I am fine with that.

Love is love and friendship is a gift - who cares what color the packaging is?

No comments: