Sunday, October 24, 2004

Time to Live

Busy, busy, busy... haven't been able to manage my time well. Today was the first day this week that I didn't work - or really think about work of some sort. I did however hang out with co-workers but it was fun.

I went to the Rennaissance Festival and I had a really good time. We had a great hostess and tour guide. It was cool to hang out with EM - I never really see her after hours. There were a lot of people in costume, which was interesting. Wished EM would dress up, but she refused. I particularly enjoyed the Hack and Slash Comedy Swordshow - hilarious! They had actual jousting, which to me is a strange activity. One of the horses wasn't really with the program and was running all over the place - he even through the rider off. It was interesting, but I don't know if I can stomach watching hard-core jousting (I know - this from a woman who watches football all day long). They had a lot of cool shops there - the costumes were pretty pricey. Wasn't too crazy about the chicken on a stick and I definitely would not try the turkey legs - they looked gross, but the almonds were fantastic.

I was really impressed with Chau. She tried on a corset, something I didn't have the guts to do.... maybe I will one day, I would love to know what that would look like... though given the way I feel about bras, I doubt I would wear one for any given length of time.... I would have liked to see more of the shows, but Chau was tired and I was a little tired too.

Came home, took a nap. Went to look for sweaters.... Don't know what possessed me to go to the ghetto mall...needless to say I came up empty there, so I eventually found a couple somewhere else. They are kinda plain though, so perhaps I am having a twinge of remorse.

Wanted to go out, tonight, but was tired, ended up on the phone for most of the evening.

Gotta get back on some sort of normal schedule - I didn't get up until noon 2 days this week - which means I didn't get to the gym - UNCOOL! Work has been absolutely ridiculous lately, pulling long hours dealing mainly with one of the most irritating trouble prone projects ever. No one really seemed to know what was going on with it, the freelancer was jittery and a huge pain, the producer - don't even get me started on that.... and finally when things finally started to feel like they were on track, we had equipment failure - which meant we had to start over! At any rate hopefully it will be over soon, so I can go home at a decent hour.

On top of all of that, I have been cutting 2 weddings which has been... fun almost. Like my PC, my mac can be tempermental and there is never a good time for that. Hopefully I can have one done, next weekend and move on to the next.

My main goal is to sleep, exercise and eat something green. Oh, that hair appointment is in the works!


No comments: