Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Just Friends

Ever had a somewhat platonic friend and you wondered why it never developed romantically? I have such a friend. He is a great guy. We get along as if we've known each other our entire lives, even though we've only known each other 4 years. We laugh together, play together and support each other. He's a sweetheart. We have a good time. I guess that if I didn't see him as just a friend, maybe there could be something there and vice versa.

There was a time when the conversation came up, but we were both concerned about not messing up our friendship. We didn't want things to become awkward.

So now we share our lives together as friends, pure and simple. He tells me about his love life and I listen, especially because I don't have one to speak of ;) We tell each other about our hopes, dreams - we talk politics, entertainment - you name it, we discuss it.....

But sometimes I wonder, what if?

No comments: