Tonight I met a guy who I thought was very good for my best friend. I liked him immediately - perfect gentleman. He reminds me of my favorite cousin, who I admire very much. Sweet, interesting, intelligent, ambitious. We met at a bar for drinks and had pleasant conversation, it was like talking to an old friend. Apparently he and my best friend had a brief relationship, where she determined that he just wasn't that into her. I am baffled. He is someone I would pick out for her. Her past two main squeezes - well, I would have never picked them. The first one I liked as a person, but I didn't think they had nearly enough in common to have a long standing relationship. The second, well, I didn't like him at all. He was the most despicable human being, though he did have some qualities, such as his ambition, that made him a little more compatible with her.
This guy is likable, and he possesses very similar qualities to hers. They both are well educated, both love to travel, both very ambitious. I wonder how he is about music..... both like basketball. They seem to have similar backgrounds, plus he doesn't seem like a big fat jerk, which is an added bonus.
But for some reason, the relationship has stalled. If and when, he decides that she is a good match, which I believe she is, she is attractive, self-sufficient and educated, he will get my vote. Hopefully he will discover this, before someone else scoops her up. Even if they don't get together, I hope that she finds someone who is her everything she needs and wants.
Sunday, November 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment