As much as I hate to admit it, I overestimated the intelligence of 51% of voting America. It's over and done, and of course we start hearing words like unity and healing. The truth is the country is divided, with each side leaning away from the other.
I don't think this is the time for unity. I don't want to unite with stupidity - it might rub off. I believe stupidity is contagious. I feel like unity would be a great disservice to this country right now. I don't think this country has been divided this much since the Civil War. Unity was not the answer then, and it is certainly not now, because the civil rights of many Americans are at stake.
Evil has triumphed over good, ironically by dressing themselves in moral piety. It is amazing that some people believe that Bush and company have a patent on morality that the democrats are out to destroy families. Lies were spread throughout congregations all over this nation to the feeble-minded. What a pity.
I am by no means, a bleeding heart, but I fear that there is a general lack of brotherhood and love for other people in this nation, particularly towards those who do not look like us. That, to me is dangerous. The lack of brotherly love will kill us faster than any terrorist could. We put children and the elderly last.
A lot of people are thrilled about the apparent tax cut they will receive. They have no concern for social programs that help people in need. Tax cuts mean nothing to the jobless or to those who make so little, it would hardly matter. Meanwhile, while we receive these tax cuts, the costs of goods and services are increasing at alarming rates.
My tax cut only netted me about $150. At $2/gal for gas and about $30 for a full tank - that's about 5 tanks of gas, which is barely enough for 2 weeks worth a gas. Meanwhile the cost for licences and registration has increased in MD. Either way, my money is gone.....it was just coined something different.
Manufaturers sell products at the same price or more, but with less substance. Ever notice that the canned foods have gotten smaller, or the toothpaste or the rolls of papertowels?
I can only hope that when the 'involuntary' opportunity to serve in another pre-emptive strike, that the offer is extended only in the bloody red parts of this country. I will remember not to let my heart mourn for the South and the Middle if their "Enron" comes. I honestly feel when you neglect the elderly and the children, it will come back to haunt you.
He is not my President. He wasn't before, and he isn't now. Fight the Power! Stick it to the Man!
Friday, November 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment