Today I got a little earlier so I could go vote. I decided that in lieu of going to the gym, I would walk to the polling place, since it was a little over a mile. Glad I did, parking was a mess. I have never seen a line that long for an election. It started outside and once you got inside (about 30 minutes later), the line snaked around the lobby of the school and into the gymnasium where you had to stand in another line to check in and then go to another line to vote... ahhhh democracy. I was there for a total of 2 hours, which really wasn't that bad. I was friends with the people around me, seeing as how we were together for awhile. It was great to see all the people out voting! How fantastic.
There was one election judge who seemed to be giving people a hard time. I wasn't in her line, but I witnessed her harass people time after time. It was wild. She would ask them for id, then make them quote their address and in most cases , make them go stand in another line or fill out some paperwork. I saw people pulling out bank cards. She was being counter productive, because she didn't have the list. It appeared that her only job really was to sign the card. The other two ladies had the list, but she was trying control everything and was being really obnoxious.
I took all my doucmentation just in case, but I really only needed my card and I had to quote my address. My line was a lot longer, but also a lot smoother.
I hope that a lot of people get out and vote - I think it is worth the long lines.
Tuesday, November 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment