Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Who ATE My Sandwich?

A line from "Friends" a few years back when Ross left his sandwich in the refrigerator at the office and someone else ate it. Ross made a huge big deal about it and as a result I think he had to go to anger management counseling. (I can't remember for sure, but I think that is what happened). I can relate to Ross on so many levels regarding this. Why would you take something, especially food, that doesn't belong to you? That is gross - who knows who made it, who touched it etc. And most importantly, not only is it stealing, it's rude.

Now, my situation is not nearly as dramatic, but I am very touchy about my food, not to mention that at work I really have no place to store it (but that's another story) So this woman walks in, and starts peeking in my bag. I had Baha Fresh. I don't remember what she said or really what I said, because I was so annoyed that she had the audacity to go through my food. I don't know her like that. We haven't bonded. I have never shared a meal, drink or even a five minute conversation with her, and she is opening my bag? Granted, had she been one of my friends, I wouldn't have minded so much, but I am already a little annoyed with her.

She has been consistently rude to one of my favorite people for no reason at all and for some reason, I am personally upset by it. I mean, who does she think she is? There is no reason to be rude in a professional environment in my opinion, but to be rude to one of the nicest people there without cause is WAY over the top. I mean if she had tried that crap with me..... well, she better not. She may have thought I was kidding yesterday, but if she tries going through my food again, she will find out. I don't want some random person breathing on my food. Gross!

No comments: