Sunday, September 19, 2004

TV BLUES

What has gone wrong? VH-1, what happened to Best Week Ever? That was one of my favorite lazy Saturday Afternoon Guilty Pleasures. Nick at Nite - Fresh Prince? I don't get it. I mean - Fresh Prince was aiiggghhht, but I think it's a little too soon. As long as you keep on the Cosby Show, we can still be friends. Can somebody please bring back A Different World? I love, love, love that show. Dwayne and Whitley are like old friends.

Why, why, why is Fear Factor still on TV? Haven't we been grossed out enough? Why am I being sucked into Real World: Philadelphia? Can somebody put the brakes on the overwhelming amount of Reality TV? Can a network produce another great sitcom? Can the NFL quit tripping and let ESPN show another season of Playmakers?

Can BET cease to exist? Why not call it BMTV? Oh, but even MTV shows more than videos, hmmmm, yeah can it cease to exist? At least UPN is partially coming through for a sista. Can't wait for the new season of Girlfriends, Half and Half, and America's Next Top Model. You can keep All of Us and Eve.... A couple of new shows look promising - Kevin Hill and Second Time Around could be good.

A little disappointed with Joey.... maybe it will grow on me. Not really feeling daytime TV either, well except for The Nanny and Golden Girl re-runs. Thank you, Lifetime. Oh and my usual Y&R and B&B. Just when I almost give up entirely on those two for stupid storylines, they introduce something that draws me back in. Like now, I am wondering what will happen to Devon. Will Neal and Dru break down and adopt? If so, will Lily and Devon make it more the platonic? Tired of Britney and Bobby, Ashley and Brad and Lil' Abbey. Bored with Phyllis and Damon. Will Thorne ever come out on top? Please kill the Kaitlyn/Rick storyline. Gross. Amber/Thomas - gross too. Amber get a brain and leave the kid alone. Thomas is weird looking to me. Who's going to come between Ridge and Brooke this time? Not a Brooke fan. I could almost look past a LOT of her escapades until she got pregnant by her duaghter's husband....scandalous and unforgivable. What kind of mother does that? I miss Bridget - but I am glad they canned the new actress. She didn't do the role justice.

Not much primetime anymore, everything has to be recorded these days. Still haven't watched the new ep. of Apprentice. Just not as excited about it as last year. I really hope there is not a black Omoarosa type on there. Bad for the sistahs. Don't even get me started on her. I hate that she is famous, that she was on Oprah, that she is a liar, cheat and a wanna be diva. I hate that she is a celebrity - she is horrible.

TV One - I am pulling for you - please produce quality programming for young African Americans. I am giving you some time to get it together. I've got scripts! But please, chill on all that B. Smith and Showtime at the Apollo re-runs.... Not really feeling Cowboys of Color....hmmm, yeah, not so much. Like I said, I've got scripts!

No comments: