Thursday, September 16, 2004

Here's to Football!

Yay, it's the most wonderful time of the year! September starts the football season. College Football, NFL - both fabulous in different ways. I already had to give props to Miami in their come from behind victory over FSU. Fabulous, baby, simply fabulous. As always, I do my weekly picks, sometimes I am money sometimes not - it's not an exact science but fun nonetheless. Everybody that knows me, knows I love the Jags (first and foremost) and I am hoping that they can turn it around this season. I am also a Chiefs fan. (A product of my multiple child hood hometowns). I was hoping the Chiefs would get some D in the off season, but based on last weeks showing versus Denver, it's not looking too promising. I really was pulling for Priest and the gang.... Philly looks good this season - maybe they have all the right pieces now. T.O. is definitely a plus. Don't know what happened to the Bucs....wow, losing to the Skins - who knew? Actually I thought the Skins would win - for a change I am impressed with their off season acquisitions - particularly Portis. I don't have any superbowl predictions yet, but I would love to be there! It's in my hometown this year!

I do hope that there are some new contenders. Carolina was a nice surprise last year. Little bored with New England. I would love to see Jax there and maybe Minnesota..... one can dream!

So here are my picks this week.


Sunday, Sept. 19

St. Louis at Atlanta, 1:00 - ATL

Pittsburgh at Baltimore, 1:00 - PITT - I just can't jump on the B-more bandwagon until they get some reliable Offense. I doubt it will be a good day for Jerome Bettis, though. I am counting on Hines Ward to save the day.

Houston at Detroit, 1:00 - DET

Chicago at Green Bay, 1:00 - GB (only because they looked good against Carolina) They have potential to be a good team when Brett Favre doesn't try to do everything. When he does that, turnovers abound.

Denver at Jacksonville, 1:00 - JAX (gotta go with the home team :) )

Carolina at Kansas City, 1:00 - KC, - okay I officially changed my pick to KC. What was I thinkig picking Carolina over my second team? Let's just hope the Chiefs Offense can out score Carolina.

San Francisco at New Orleans, 1:00 Hmmm - who cares??? New Orleans

Washington at N.Y. Giants, 1:00 - Skins, not too sure I am sold on Coughlin for NYG yet. But I am definitely feeling Gibbs right now.

Indianapolis at Tennessee, 1:00 - IND , ahh the Titans, I always root against them. It's a Jag thing. Plus I love Tony Dungy.

Seattle at Tampa Bay, 4:05 - Seattle

New England at Arizona, 4:15 - NE

Cleveland at Dallas, 4:15 - Cleveland hmmm, I wonder which QB will have the better day?

Buffalo at Oakland, 4:15 - OAK

N.Y. Jets at San Diego, 4:15 - NYJ, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets Jets!

Miami at Cincinnati, 8:30 - CIN

Monday, Sept. 20

Minnesota at Philadelphia, 9:00 This is tough - both are looking good - I guess I will go with the home team - PHI, but for the record I like Minnesota, I actually hoped they would have made it to the playoffs last year, they have a lot of heart.

No comments: