I often wonder in amazement how people get their jobs. I know that in my field, networking is EVERYTHING, but shouldn't common sense and a small amount of skill be involved? I mean, come on, people. I was really pissed that I was at work until almost 1:00am trying to resolve this "project". Ordinarily, if there were issues besides someone's incompetence and procrastination, I wouldn't mind staying late. But this was ridiculous. This "producer" wanted clips from about 8 different shows. No problem. I did't get the instructions until almost 11pm - not too thrilled, but whatever - things happen. I read the "instructions" and then I was like oh, heck no. There were so vague that the editor had to watch all the shows to find these clips. Can you give us some timecodes please? Who wants to watch all that crap? I feel that the least you could do is provide some specific information, if you are going to be late....
Don't even get me started on some of the regulars. I often wonder how they keep a job. I mean, HJ for one,,,, geez and RK, hello dingbat. Organization please? How do you not know what's going on with YOUR projects? Curious, indeed.
Ahhh, but things at my job don't make sense. I am very disenchanted right now. I still don't have a cabinet, nor do I have a cell phone, which makes me wonder..... Are they just trifling or is there some reason I am not getting basic supplies? I still don't know who my boss is.... no one has bothered to say anything to me, since this reorganization thing started.
But in a world where an intern gets a better job than people who have worked and paid their dues, why be surprised? You know I understand about networking and stuff and that's great, but to overlook all the other overqualified people for someone with limited experience....not too cool. I wasn't personally affected by this, but I find it to be strange. I will admit, that if I was still at my first job, I would be pissed. But only for a moment. It took me so long to leave my first position, mainly because of HR and two other people left at the same time, so there was no way they were going to let me leave too. So I had to wait - but it's ok. I know that God has something great in store for me.
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment