I got a great outfit while I was in NYC. It is mainly in celebration of me dropping a pant/skirt size - it's finally official ;) But I really don't have any where or reason to wear it, yet. Single life is cool sometimes, but sometimes I just wanna go out on a really nice date and kick back, listen to some good music and maybe do a little dancing and relax. I guess I don't need a date necessarily for that. I guess I am not too gung ho on the whole bar scene - believe me my track record at bars is atrocious. So where do I meet a really great guy that I am attracted to and has similar goals and interests? Work is out of the question - workplace drama is so lame - and yet work is where I spend most of my waking hours.... hmmm, church is not entirely out of the question, but I am not looking for SUPER CHRISTIAN, just a normal HUMAN Christian. And let's be honest, some of the guys I have met at church are far worse than non-Christian men when it comes to morality and decency. I need a man who can understand my need to attend early morning service so I can get home in time for kick-off. Someone who can accept all my quirks and my great moments and bitchy moments, without judging me. Ahhh, I was starting to get carried away. So the question is, where do I meet Mr. Wonderful? I am not sure I can express this exactly how I mean it.... I want someone who is attracted to me physically initially, but not driven by that. I want them to be attracted to who I am.
I guess what I am saying is please don't call me and tell me I have a great body 3-4 times within our first 3 minute conversation. Don't even mention my body until at least a few dates. I mean you can still be tactful and say "You look nice", but please do not X-RAY me or use words like DAMN and Bootylicious in reference to my appearance. How ghetto. How not my type. And how obvious. YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY ON THE FIRST DATE! I would venture to say that you are not getting any at all, because that is so NOT a turn-on.
I said all that to say, I need a good venue to wear my cute outfit. I love clothes way too much. I would probably be rich, I didn't love clothes so much. (ok, maybe not). Now I just gotta find place to wear them. I find it interesting that I don't have very many church clothes. On the real, my skirts are a little too short for church. Not slutty short, but certainly not prudish.
So my assignment is to find a few events where I can show off my now smaller size :) and maybe meet someone who knows someone.... who knows a single, attractive, gainfully employed, disease free man that would be interested in.... well maybe Starbucks or something for now.
Friday, September 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment