I hate that question. I mean I am already agitated that I am still "here" and am doing my best to not be "here" and otherwise well-meaning people interrupt me and ask that question...it's like a reminder that I am not out having a life - instead I am "still" working.
I am not even sure what the correct answer is. I mean the obvious answer is - I am still here because I still have stuff to do. I guess my favorite is, "you know, I was just thinking, that I don't spend enough time working, and I love this place so much, I thought I'd stay late just to keep my spirits up".
And even slightly more annoying is the security guard who seems to track my comings and goings. Like for instance I left for the gym around 2;30 yesterday and he asks why am I leaving so early...I say I am coming back, I am just taking my lunch break. I get back around 3:45 and he says "that was a long lunch break, you shouldn't have been gone that long" I am thinking, 'hmmm, didn't know I had to check in and out with you'. I say, "I deserved a long break - I needed every minute" That answer seems satisfactory. (Phew, I was worried) And it's back to work.
So that's the question everytime I am at work late, I am bound to hear that question at least once. I guess it is part of the deal. I suppose I should count my blessings and I should be happy people care enough to ask.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment