Yesterday was the worst. I knew it was an omen when I woke up with an attitude. I didn't want to go to work, but little did I know what was about to go down. I went from having the best boss in the world to...it was just really sad. It was termed something cute - like reorganization. They basically eliminated my manager's position and reassigned him to another department. In essence it was a demotion. His position was essentially split and now there are three point people. But the worst is that the person they put over department was in that position before and was removed (with good reason from what I've heard) and it seems that ever since he was reassigned he has been plotting to get his old job back. His reputation is...not so good. I don't know anyone who likes or respects him. In fact, before I came to the company, people warned me about him. Clients don't seem to like him either. I really can't understand why this decision was made. It is obvious that it's not my place to say one way or the other. It's not easy to deal with, but it is what it is. You know, I think the hardest thing is the way it went down. Perhaps you have to be underhanded to get ahead. He's been scheming on my boss for the longest - it's sickening.
Even still, it doesn't seem like the best judgment by upper management and that in itself makes me a little nervous about the direction of the company. I mean why reinstate a person to a position who was removed and who people consistently complained about? My dealings with him have been limited. My impression is that he is anal retentive, way too detailed oriented and a micro-manager. I just don't think he is a big picture person - and I think you need that for the position he is taking. But what do I know.....
From what I have heard, he is completely inept, which would be okay if he had people skills... He moved into my ex-manager's office today. It was painful to watch them trade offices. I almost wanted to cry. I wanted to cry for my old boss and I wanted to cry for me and everyone in our department. The ink had not even dried on my 401k forms. Why even bother? I don't even know what will happen with all this change.
I need the shock to wear off. Perhaps he has changed. Perhaps it will get better. Glad I have other things outside of work to look forward to.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment