Last night I hung out with some of significant other's friends and had a really nice time. I like his friends. I started talking to his ex-roommate's wife and we were talking about traveling. I told her I wanted to visit all 50 states and eventually start seeing places overseas. She loved to travel and had visited a lot of places and took a cross country road trip years ago. That sounds like the best thing ever. I have always wanted to do that. But with only 2 weeks vacation - it makes it a little difficult - note to self - negotiate for more vacation time at next job. A friend of mine also took a road trip with her husband and loved just hearing about it, so I could live through them. My mom and her brothers took an East coast road trip a few years ago too.
A road trip sounds like a great vacation. I want to do the west coast. I am thinking maybe fly in to AZ or Nevada or CA and start driving. I could probably get a week in. There are so many places I want to go - still want to do Niagara Falls and Canada - maybe the Toronto Jazz Festival...
I was particularly inspired by the ESPN series 50 states in 50 days. I would have loved to do that. I enjoyed the series. They went to every US State and highlighted some of the states "must see or must do" places and talked about sports legends or sporting activies in that particular state...
I think I spend more time thinking about vacation than I do about - well a lot of other things. My travel fund is growing, so although I don't know where I am going yet, I am going somewhere!
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment