I had such a great time with my little cousins and part of the reason is they are such little people - so full of personality and unapologetically unique. They don't compromise themselves because of what others think and they are fearlessly invincible. It is one of the beautiful things about youth.
I often wonder when my personality became impaired with fear. Fear of what others would think if they saw the real me. I mean you still get me, but in a less potent dose - particularly around new people. I can remember certain parts of my personality were not so embraceable to the adults in my life - for instance, I am stubborn. I am also strong willed. Once I lose respect for a person, they are useless to me - and I had no problems letting the person know about it.
Granted those aren't the sugary sweet sides to my personality, but I think those traits are just as essential. When I deny those sides of me out of concern for what others think, I usually regret it.
I would like to recepture some of those traits and use them for good ;).
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment