I almost got it. In a way, things being crazy was a good thing as I hadn't had a chance to check my email. If I had I would have been scammed. I checked it this morning and this is what it read:
Subject Line: Unusual login attempts to your personal account!
Dear VyStar CU Customer,
We recently noticed several attempts to log in to your personal account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was used by a third party without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login attempts may have been initiated by you.
The login attempt was made from:
IP address: 172.25.210.66
ISP Host: cache-66.proxy.aol.com
After three unsuccessful attempts to access your account, your personal Online Profile has been locked. This has been done to secure your accounts and to protect your private information. We are trying to make sure that your online transactions are secure.
You must unlock your profile by going to:
http://www.vystarcu.org/index.ht ml
If you should have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service at: service@vystar.org
Thank You for using VyStar CU ! ©2006 VyStar Credit Union. All rights reserved
Upon a cursory glance, it looks legit, but by the time I got to the link, it had been shut down. I went to my credit union's website, and it had an email/fraud alert that reads exactly as this email reads....
Upon re-reading the email, I now see some of the inconsistencies between this email and my credit union. My real credit union web address ends in .com instead of .org
It's scary though that someone got a list of email addresses and this attempt was made. I can't imagine what would have happened had I checked my email earlier this week and taken the bait.
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment