Thursday, January 26, 2006

Basement Blues

I don't understand how people can live in the basement. As nice as some of them are, I just can't picture living in a basement. I thought about it when I was looking for a place, but it's just not for me. Right now I work in a basement, and I think in some ways it is getting to me. I need sunlight. There could be a blizzard or a completely beautiful day and I wouldn't know it. I try to get out, but lately I have had so much to do- it has been nuts.

I have been getting to the gym, but today I was so tired I did twenty minutes of cardio and a little resistance and I was pooped.

It was a sad day at work. The fox has officially taken over the hen house and the steward won't be around anymore. That's all I will write about that. I will probably say a lot more, but then I can always deny what I said, but it's hard to deny something in writing. I am so transparent anyway, I couldn't deny anything if I wanted to.

On a good note, one of my best friends called me tonight. I was so happy to hear her voice. I miss her a lot. We used to be together all the time - we were like sisters. Our lives are so different now, but it seems everytime we communicate that connection is still there. I hope we can have a reunion/housewarming for her soon. (Long story)

Inspirational Thought: "People who do well are not geniuses; they don't have a birthright for doing well. Somebody helped them along the way and they did the hard work along the way." - Deborah Prothrow-Stith

No comments: