Time for me to do some Spring Cleaning again - and this year's motto is "What's In It For Me?" It has taken a long time for me to come to this place. I have had to get over the idea that asking this question makes me seem selfish or the idea that I should give selflessly and not expect anything in return. I even had to deal with the thought that maybe I didn't deserve anything in return. I still do have thoughts like that from time to time - but they are fewer and far between.
It is my time. My time to let go of things, people and thoughts that don't benefit me. If the sacrifice outweighs the benefit (be it tangible or intangible), then count me out. My kindness has been confused with weakness for too long.
So now I am in the assessment stage. Hopefully, by the first of spring, I will be ready to clean my house and start fresh. Maybe if I remove the clutter, there will be space enough for my deepest desires.
Friday, March 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment