The thing about unsolicited advice is...it's unsolicited. What makes it even worse is when it includes moral directives like "you should" or "you shouldn't". It would be a little more well received had I asked for an opinion, but if I didn't even ask...and worse yet if I didn't even bring the subject up....that's extra "special"
I already know I have issues. I already know I can be a jerk, impatient and all those other things...so there's no need to tell me that. There's no need to tell me that I "shouldn't" be angry, when I am angry. It will take as long as it takes for me to not be angry anymore.
I am not open to everything. There is a way of offering advice, without trying to ram it down someone's throat - those are usually the people I seek advice from... Advice is simply that - it is not an order. It is optional.
So, if you feel lead of God to should on me, or if you are reading my blog and feel pressed to preach me a sermon, pray for me instead, it will work a lot better.
Friday, March 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment