All I wanted was a cheap, cute top to wear out. I don't know what in the world possessed me to think that just because I lost a pound or two, I could fit into a size small top. What a debacle! I knew I was at the point of no return when it fit over my head and it got stuck. I couldn't move it up or down. I finally managed to get it to budge and of course it looked as bad as it felt. I tried to take it off, but it wouldn't come off. I kept trying and trying and it just wouldn't move. I panicked. I froze. I thought for a moment that it was never coming off. Then I thought perhaps, I could ask the sales attendant to help. Then I thought better of it, considering how embarrassed I would have been to have a total stranger help me get out of top that was clearly way too small. For a moment, I thought I would have to cut the top open to get it off, which meant I would probably have to purchase it, and the thought of purchasing something that caused me that much pain was unbearable. So,after all that contemplation, I started trying again. And I just couldn't get the thing past my arms, so even crazier that the idea of trying the top on the first place, I thought I might be able to slide it past my hips. Silly wrabbit! So back to square one. Finally, inexplicably it started to budge on one side, so I shimmied back and forth until - sweet freedom! That was the longest 15 minutes of my life.
Lessons Learned:
(1) I am not a size small
(2) I am too big (and possibly too old) to shop in skinny girl stores; i.e Forever 21, Rave, Charlotte Russe etc.
Sunday, March 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment