Sunday, August 29, 2004

Tubing

What a nice relaxing day. Today I went tubing at Harper's Ferry, thanks to Rita. It helped ease my mind and let me leave the world behind if only for a moment. The rapids were thrilling, although I must admit it took me awhile to get comfortable. But once I got the hang of it, it was really nice. My cell phone was roaming so I was virtually inacessible most of the day, which can be good at times. Oh, it is so beautiful there. I want to go back and maybe do a tour of some sort. There is so much history there, I am sure it would be awesome. I bet it is even more beautiful when autumn arrives. I met some really cool people and just had a great time. If you have a chance, check out www.buttstubes.com and try to give them a visit before summer is gone. It's good cheap fun and it is only about an hour from the DC metro area. I will post pics later if they come out, my camera got wet. Oh, if you go, you WILL get wet. You should take some water shoes or sneakers you don't mind getting wet, a towel, sunscreen, bug spray and a change of clothes. Some people had coolers with them, but I am not yet that sophisticated :)


No comments: