This was a great past 3 days. I took Friday off and that couldn't have come a minute too soon. I spent the first part of the day on Friday at the spa getting a hot stone massage (which was fantastic) and a pedicure - which is it's own taste of heaven. Then went to VA Beach for a little R&R. Traffic was horrendous on the way down, but even that was ok. Saturday was overcast and chilly but I still hung out on the beach anyway. A couple of friends came down and hung out, but inevitably she wanted to go to the clubs. That's cool and all (not really my scene) but the as I discovered Friday night - my driver's license was in my purse... the purse that it is in DC! So I knew it would be a problem, which it was. I didn't care much. Drinking in a bar with a bunch a twenty year olds is not really my idea of a great night out anyway, but for her sake I asked the bouncer if he would let me in without an i.d. secretly hoping he would say no, which he did. There were police all up and down the street. Ever the persistent one, she wanted to try a different club, but I had to put my foot down. There was no way I was going to get rejected all night to do something that I really didn't want to do anyway. We endd up going to a 24 hour mini-golf place, whichI thought was pretty fun.
Later that night, I saw something I'd never seen before. The club that I had attempted to get into was still going strong. But just as we were walking by, the door opened and the bouncers were carrying this young woman face down out the door and they just tossed her outside and she crawled away crying. She eventually balled up on the sidewalk and the police shoed us away. It was almost like a scene from Fresh Prince when they used to throw Jazz out of the house - it was just really strange.
The sun came up Sunday morning. That made my weekend. I was up in a flash and headed to soak up some rays. Rode bikes up and down the boardwalk, got in the water and then laid out in the sun. That is really all I wanted to do and perhaps play a little volleyball. That made it all worth it. I could have done that all day. I must go again.
Sunday, August 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment