I went to a barbecue this past weekend and I must admit it was a little weird. It was a work thing and it was cool and all. But most of the people who came were married with kids. It was neat to watch all the kids and guess who they belonged to. That was actually pretty easy - most of them looked just like their fathers. Maybe that is nature's way of making sure daddy sticks around ;)
It was just a little awkward because everyone had spouse stories and kid stories and had neither. I am ok with that - fortunately there were other single women there as well, which made it a little easier.
I held a baby though - I usually try to avoid them - so I won't feel how I am feeling now. She was the cutest thing. Black curly hair and big brown eyes. Shoe could have easily been mine. She slobbed over me and then smiled. How could I resist that? I wanted to take her with me.
I also went to Chau's housewarming which was fun. She has a great place in the city. It's so cute - I just love it. I am in love with the island in the kitchen.
Looked at condos this weekend too - they were in Falls Church and won't be ready until 2007. They were really nice, but not sure how I feel about Falls Church.
I also went to the Nats game with a few Discovery peeps. It was fun to hang out again and in between all that I managed to unpack a few boxes.
Work has been quite the challenge. Sometimes I feel like I am doing fine and then I am blindsided. This past time it was some diva stuff. I don't handle divas well - I am the only diva in my world (that and a couple of my girls) so all that drama was completely unwarranted. But not everyone will like me and that's ok. We will work it out.
Monday, August 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Post a Comment