Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Love Walk

Lately, God has been talking to me about walking in love. I admit that I have had my less than loving moments and thoughts of what would Jesus do had not entered my mind. I have been in reactive mode, instead of proactive mode.

I Cor 13 came to mind and I wasn't even at a wedding. I have been so wrapped up in protecting myself from rejection and potential abuse that I haven't been able to love.

I can not do it on my own. It is easy to love those who love me back, but those who don't.... God will have to guide me on that one.

I think Hurricane Katrina has changed my perspective a bit. My heart goes out to those people - my best friend lives in that area - and while I know she is prepared for anything - some of her neighbors are not. That is why I am going to make a donation and find out other ways I can help out.

1 comment:

N'j said...

Walking in love is a concious, daily decision...something I've been happy to do since I surrendered my heart to God over a year & half ago. I asked Him to prepare me for marriage, and boy has He been doing that. I wish the Norwegian understood that Love, isn't a feeling, it's a choice...and one you make every day.