Sunday, August 21, 2005

Around the Block

Truthfully, I am hardly ever home. Work is too crazy for me to have a single coherent thought without interruption, so that is why I haven't been writing as much.

I try to go to the gym at east 3x a week, although that little bout with the mini-flu or whatever it was put a wrinkle in those plans last week. But I am back on it.

Seems like the only time I write is Sunday morning and I feel almost slightly guilty because I am not at church. I am on hiatus from church for awhile. I will admit that lately I have been feeling a need to become more connected to God. I am not sure church is the answer right now.

I went to a birthday party for one of my sistah friends yesterday. She turned 49 and barely looks 30 something. She is so vivacious and an inspiration. She is a nurse by day and actress/director by night. She spoke about how each of us touched her life, but she is inspirational as well.

Later I went to Game Night with my DSC peeps. That was fun. I love celebrity bowl -just seeing people act out the clues is hilarious. I felt so inspired by Susanna - she is training for a marathon and ran 17 miles earlier that day. I am still in awe of that. How is that humanly possible?

I wonder if there are any quarter marathons - that seems attainable for me. Maybe I will shoot for like 7 miles or something. Even that right now seems a little daunting. I was never a long distance runner. I could run short distances pretty fast (past tense) - but endurance always kicked me in the pants. I wonder if that is genetic - because even when I was really fit, long distances always gave me grief.

I have a television show idea - actually 2 or 3, but the one I am referring to - I need to transfer it from my brian to paper. I was thinking about the production side, becuase that's what I do....and I am trying to figure out how to producet his show as cost effectively as possible. It will involve a lot of locations and set ups. The good thing it is has more a newsmagazine feel, so there won't be a lot of lighting - I think for most of two person crew would suffice, except for the studio stuff. Ahhh, I have drifted in to work mode.

I must go to the gym and clear my head.

No comments: