I don't know. If I had my choice, no one would know until I knew. It is still too premature to know what will happen. We haven't had a "talk" yet much less "the talk" and I am not really in any hurry to get labeled. After being in a relationship for seven years, I just don't want to get involved too quickly. I don't want to come off as the Big B, which I usually do anytime I start seeing a nice guy, but this is my time to date and to have fun. Those chains are finally broken and I just need time and I want to be sure before I make any type of commitment, that it is right and more importantly, that it ain't like the last time!
What I don't want, which I think has already happening, is for people to think of us as a couple and then see me out with someone else and think the worse. I think that is the main reason I wish no one knew. That would make me look bad. But is it my fault that people make assumptions so quickly? It is so amazing how fast people jump to conclusions. We had barely said hello and people were already asking questions. Pump the brakes already! I know everyone loves him, but uh... can I get to know him first?
This is why I never dated a co-worker, because too many people (some who are well meaning, but others who are just nosy) be all up in the business and it takes no time for rumors to start flying. Fortunately, I have a new job now, because that would drive me nuts if I had to hear about that all day.
Our only communication on the subject has been (he) "I'm just chillin; I enjoy spending time with you" (me) "Cool, I like hangin with you too" That's pretty much it. That is true, I really do like hanging with him. It is so simple and we have a good time together.
There is someone else that I kinda like too and I think it is reciprocal, but only time will tell - that is on the low low, since we are very much in the checking each other out stage. He definitely doesn't have a name yet ;)
I do plan to date other people - that is going to happen. My goal is to date for at least six months or so and just see how it goes. I forgot what dating was like and I feel I need to experience it before getting into something serious.
I love my life right now :)
Monday, July 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment