When I was at the gym today I ran into someone who thought I looked familiar. I couldn't remember them, but somehow they remembered me. They associated me with my ex. Once he mentioned his name and gave me a few details, the puzzle started to come together. He lives in my neck of the woods - it must be where my ex hangs out, when he calls me in his drunken state at 2am. When me and my ex were living together, he helped him move - not my things, he just helped my ex with his stuff. There he was at they gym with his girlfriend - there's a new concept - spending time together as a couple before midnight.
The fact that I didn't recognize him nor would I recognize most of my ex's friends after seven years of "being together" says volumes about our past relationship. Our lives didn't really intersect at all, which was one of my complaints. But it doesn't matter now.
Everyday I find a new reason to be thankful that that chapter is over.
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment