Why is it that older people automatically assume that something is wrong with me just because I am not married? I have had several people ask me what's wrong and "I just haven't found the one" just isn't an acceptable response.
Yes I am 30+ and I have never been married.
Clearly, I must be a lesbian.
Or better yet, I must have some deadly disease.
After all, I am attractive, perhaps I just have a personality disorder.
When asked that dreadful question, maybe I could say something like "I am waiting on God to send me the right one" (which is true) or "at least I've never been divorced." (which is also true)
But even truer than the above and my personal favorite is "None of your business" (See, clearly the reason I am not married is because of the personality disorder!)
Friday, July 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment