I forgot how much fun baseball games can be. The O's/Yankees game was my second of the season and it was a blast. For a moment, I thought the game would be cancelled because of the rain, but the rain cleared up and it was batter up time. We had box suite tickets, which I had never experienced before. The funny thing is we went to the wrong suite and I just kept looking for our friend or any familiar face, but I didn't see anyone. They were looking at us like we were nuts, especially when they asked who we were with, and we couldn't really say - the brain just shut down. Then they glanced at our ticket and let us know we were on the wrong side of the stadium. How embarassing! But it was cool. Once we got to the right suite, everything was all good.
A box suite is a different way to see a baseball game. I think everyone should experience it at least once. Admittedly, at first I felt a little isolated from the crowd and the game atmosphere, but the crab cakes made it all better! There is a private bathroom and the food comes to you. Appetizers, main course and dessert and a few choice spirited and nonspirited beverages. There are also two monitors, one is real time (which is outside) and the other is cable, which has a slight delay.
The game itself was a lot of fun. I am a Yankee hater and I have become a little fond of the O's. It was great because my friend loves the Yankees, so there is a natural rivalry. The O's started off the game by giving up two runs. They stayed down for most of the game, but they had an 8th inning rally which tied the game at 4 a piece. The game went into extra innings and my Yankee loving friend left just before the bottom of the 10th. I bet he hadn't made it to the parking lot when the first pitch was thrown and Brian Roberts belted it out the park for the O's. The fact that the O's won was great.
The game was a lot of fun. I enjoyed hanging out with my buddy and even better picking at my Yankee loving friend and watching the Yanks go down! Maybe I'll give this live baseball thing a few more tries this season.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment