Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Only Constant

The only constant thing in life is change. You can always count on it. Without change, there would be no growth and without growth the world would cease to exist. Even still, I don't always handle change so well. There are quite a few changes going on at work that were..unexpected. A person who I admire very much and was on the verge of asking her to be my mentor is leaving the company. One of my co-workers is also leaving the company. Both are pursuing better opportunities, which I think is great. It just won't be the same without them. If that wasn't enough, one of my co-workers who I have developed a very good relationship with is changing shifts, so I will only see her for a couple of hours now. Again I am happy for the progression that is bound to happen with her change, but it still will be...different.

On the flip side, knowing that change is inevitable can definitely be a positive. It is knowing this that helps keep me going when I feel stagnant and frustrated. Change is in the works, I just need to be ready for it.

No comments: