Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Foiled Again

Ok, you caught me off guard. I didn't recognize the number on the caller ID. Had I known, I doubt I would have answered. I don't have anything to offer you and I am ok with that. What is done is done and I can't blame anyone but myself for the choices I made. But I am no longer angry with myself. Because just as my insecurities masked the truth of my worth and I allowed (albeit, kicking and screaming) myself to accept a hollow substitute for love, the veil has been lifted from my eyes. I see now that I deserve more - from myself and from those who I allow in my inner circle. I am done trying to fit a square peg in a round hole...this only results in being screwed.

I am rebuilding my life slowly and certainly and there is no room for ultimatums and conditions for me to achieve the unattainable. I want to be able give and receive unconditional love - I deserve that much.

No comments: