Monday, February 28, 2005

It's That Time Again

When I have to accept the fact that the weekend is over and I have to mentally prepare myself to go to an unfulfilling job. I comfort myself by knowing that it is what is allowing me to have food, shelter (not much else) and a little bit to save. Plus I realize there is so much more to me that my 9-5. One day, I will determine my worth. Wow, well that was a tangent. I guess that is part of the mental prep. I had a great, but very busy weekend. I feel like I need a day to recuperate. I almost did everything I intended - except check out Diary of a Mad Black Woman and return a few phone calls.

The Wizards game was a lot of fun, it was a really good game and even though I didn't see C WEBB, I am so glad I went. Bibby more than made up for it. And the Wizards have a few hotties too ;o.

I spent most of Saturday helping out with casting for a friend's film. That was fun, but as always film and television makes for a long day. There are a lot of talented people in this area, the final decisions will be difficult. Later I hung out playing games with some FAMU alumni. Good times....

I finally spoke to my dad - which was really the whole point of today's blog. It was...strange. It was like talking to a complete stranger and that made me a little sad. He has breathing problems, yet he smokes pretty heavily. I think he is cutting back, at least I hope he is. We didn't talk long and I really didn't address a lot of the things I have been feeling. It just didn't seem like the right time.

I think I would like to talk to him again though. I just want to know more about him, who is he, who is was, who he wanted to be... I am not sure what kind of relationship I want with him, certainly not a father/daughter one - it's a little late for that. Right now, I just want to know more about him.

I will say this, I think my mom is the best. I hope that my wondering about him doesn't make her think that I think any less of her. In spite of being a single mother, I had a good, stable childhood - I never doubted her love for me.

The good thing that came out of my chat with my dad, is that I had a chance to reconnect with my sister. She is 10 years younger and has a 4 year old daughter. Imagine that? Me, an aunt! She wants to visit soon, which I would love, but if she doesn't come here, I am going there. I am so excited. I can't wait to see all the pictures.

She is studying fashion design, which I think is really cool, considering fashion is one of my favorite topics (you may not be able to tell from my jeans rich wardrobe). I am sure we will get along nicely. I am just sad that we lost so much time. I am excited about finally having a sister.

No comments: