Friday, December 31, 2004

Year in Review

2004 started out rough for me. The circumstances made me realize than I am stronger than I ever imagined possible. I am not sure I was completely sane the entire time, but I was functional. Things got better and I began to re-establish my independence. After a bone chilling winter, I finally got my own car - no more 4 part commutes to and from work (ped, bus, train, ped)! I re-discovered softball. I got my own place - in my name - sure it isn't a house, but it is decent start. I got out of a less than satisfying relationship. I, along with millions, protested an un-just war. I slowly started dating again. I wrote and directed a film that, despite all the issues, is quite an accomplishment. I discovered the spa. I started speaking my mind. I let go of some of the fear that stifled so much of my ability - (I still have a lot more ground to cover on that one). I got a promotion at work. I went to the US open. I made a lot of new friends. I took off work for my birthday and had a birthday party. For the first time in a long time, I was actually able to GIVE Christmas gifts, albeit nothing extravagant, but I stuck to a budget, and it was great.


2004 Bests

Best Sports Stories:

1. The Red Sox come back from a 3 game deficit against the Yankees to win the ACLS title and later go on to win the World Series

2. The Pistons beat the Lakers 4-1 in the NBA Championship

Best Reality Moments:

1. Fantasia wins American Idol.
2. Eva becomes America's Next Top Model.
3. Kelly beats out Jen to win The Apprentice.

Best Entertainment Moments:

1. Jamie Foxx's performance in Ray.
2. Oprah gives away: cars, house, favorite things....
3. U2 releases a new album.
4. The return of Anita Baker.
5. Extreme Makeover - Home Edition

Best Social Statements

1. Bill Cosby on our people. Well said! I am big on personal accountability.
2. Howard Dean on the war against Iraq.

2004 Blahs

Sports:

1. Kobe and all his drama. Just shut up dude. Save the drama for the soap stars.

Politics:

1. Bush, Bush and more Bush....
2. The war on democracy, homosexuals, the environment, liberty and the middle class - (see Bush)
3. By the way, whatever happened to the weapons of mass destruction and mushroom clouds? Interesting that I just heard on CBS news, that the predominant reason for the war was to establish democracy in Iraq.... hmmm a little bit of revisionist history.


Music

1. Although he is a talented artist....R Kelly - dude, what's up with all the drama. Grow up.
2. All the wannabe gangsta rappers who only talk about bling-bling and hos.


Entertainment

The big hoopla over Janet's boobs - much ado....
Britney Spears married... again - to Shar Jackson's baby's daddy.
Star Jones's corporate sponsored wedding - tacky, tacky, tacky.
The Swan and Extreme Makeover and the syndication of Fear Factor.

That's all for now....

No comments: