Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Smokin'

What a wacky smoke detector. Every morning after I shower, if I forget to close the bathroom door the smoke detector will go off - becaue of the steam. It's annoying because my natural inclination is to leave the door open so that the bathroom can cool off and the mirrors can clear up. But like clockwork, everytime I leave the door open, momentarily it will start beeping - and then I have to find a chair (as I am still draped in a towel) and tiptoe up to take the batteries out.

I should find comfort in knowing that smoke detector is sensitive and however annoying is necessary for the safety of everyone. That is - until about a week ago - one of my housemates decided to cook (which is dangerous already)and ended up burning a piece of bread (I know). He didn't even realize it until somebody said, "what's that I smell burning" All of sudden, he runs to the kitchen to retrieve his now burnt bread. Smoke is everywhere - the smell has permeated almost every room in the house and...

Not one peep from that crazy smoke detector. Not one! But it responds to bathroom steam! Unbelievable.

1 comment:

N'j said...

And I thought my twin smoke detectors were bad!