What is it with men and instructions? I just don't get it. I had the weirdest sense of deja'vu tonight. How is it possible to send someone out with written instructions and they still come back with the wrong thing? Did I miss something?
Anyone who knows me well, knows how picky I am, so if I write out what I want, I mean just that - nothing more, nothing less. But I much rather have the nothing less than the nothing more when it comes to food.
So dinner for tonight was Chipotle - a treat I haven't had in a spell, so I was pretty excited. So I nicely wrote out everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. When I get my burrito, there's sour cream - everywhere. I HATE SOUR CREAM. I am not a big fan of condiments anyway, but I despise SOUR CREAM. You can't even scrape it off because it has integrated itself with every last bit of my burrito.
Arrrghhh. How could the sour cream come back to haunt me? Not once did I mention sour cream, because I hate it....and now I am hungry, really hungry. It's kinda funny when I get past the growl of my stomach.
Picture it - Early Silver Spring 2004 - the same thing, different man (and he really had no excuse, because he knows me) My burrito has a big honkin heap of sour cream! (uh, I thought you wanted sour cream) - hmmm, do you see it written on the sheet of paper I gave you? - "Uh, no," is the reply. THEN WHY WOULD YOU THINK I WANTED IT? Did you think I wrote out a list (a very detailed list) only for you to assume that I wanted sour cream?
It's a fine line for me...because I don't want to sound unappreciative. I do appreciate the sentiment and the effort. But why bother, if you can't get it right?
Friday, April 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh...sour cream, mayonaisse, mustard, relish...these are what hell would be like for me.
Post a Comment