Sunday, January 09, 2005

It wouldn't be me if.....

If I didn't meet some guy who sent me a rose at a restaurant who turns out to be either delusional or a pathological liar or possibly both.....and even better the restaurant has to call the police on him. Long story, but you know someone is crazy when in the first few minutes of talking to them, they say they are looking for a wife....and even more disturbing they like to burn money (as in spend a whole lot of it on random idiotic stuff) Hmmm....I'll pass on that.

If I didn't know someone who had the emotional intelligence of a slug. Can he really be that stupid? Everytime I think he has perhaps got a little sense or that it's not all that bad, perhaps I was overreacting, he goes and does something that reminds me why I can't stand him.

If I didn't have an encounter that was just enough to remind me that I used to really like having a boyfriend..... and all the closeness that comes with it. Heck, it's cold outside. And by boyfriend, I mean a couple of the people I dated in way back college. Thanks for that, I forgot what it felt like to be touched by a man.

If I didn't leave my i.d. in my gym pants and consequently could not get into any club...particularly because I look like a kid. I talked myself into one, but hmmmm not a very good one. Never hurts to try. Good job girlie. In my defense, I didn't realize we were trying to go clubbing.

If I wasn't micro-managed into oblivion. Because we all know how I love that. I am trying not to get too pissy about it, but I know how to handle my business. I don't need three people checking on me to see if I am doing my job - I wish everyone was as busy as I am, so they wouldn't have time.... God, please help me get on the A team.


No comments: