Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I'm A Believer

Ok, ok... I admit it. The Patriots are a good football team. I have been in denial for a few years and when they won their first superbowl in the recent past, I thought it was a fluke (I kinda still do) and I felt validated in that belief since they didn't even make it to the playoffs the following year. I don't know how I rationalized their Superbowl win last year, but somehow I still didn't quite buy into them. But this year, they brought it and I bought it. I am not a fan as Jax will always have my heart, but they are great to watch. I knew they would beat Indy, but I had no idea they would hold them to just a field goal in the process. Deep down, I was a little happy about that - I was a little tired of hearing about Peyton. Once they passed that hurdle, I knew it was on to the Superbowl again. Pitt was just a formality. I haven't bought Pitt yet... they have won too many games because of the other team's kicker. Case in point, their playoff victory over the Jets.... But New England... when they win, they cap it off with an exclamation point.... I am rooting for them in the SB. I have a soft spot for Cory Dillon, it would be great to see him win something (anything).

Ok, I like Donovan too, but I just don't believe they can beat the Pats. It should be a good game though. I can't wait.

No comments: