Friday, July 06, 2007

Best Week Ever

After what I can easily say has been one of the worse Junes of my recent past, this week has been one of the best! My mom was released from the hospital last week and is now at home recuperating nicely. She had a nasty bout of meningitis which gave us all quite a scare. Our company softball team kicked ass past Saturday and we are now the number 7 seed in the playoffs (we should at least be number 5, but that is an entirely different rant).

Most of the people who contributed to a lousy June were on vacation this past week, so work has been tolerable - and maybe because I took Tuesday off - that helped as well. I got to see one of my best friends in Tampa. I finally got to see her new crib which is absolutely beautiful. It was like old times. Me and the roomie went jet skiing with her and husband and acted a pure fool at the Tiki Bar later that night. I don't know why they said 'get on the stage'....There is supporting potential blackmail evidence of the evening's festivities.

The next day was just a chill grill out kinda day. The ladies talked, played games while the gents played Madden. It was just a nice break from the craziness that has become my life ;)

And today, I am taking the train all by myself (yikes!) to NYC to meet one of my other best friends for the Live Earth concert tomorrow :) I got lots of advice from my fellow co-workers - many who are from or lived in NYC, so I feel a little overwhelmed, but confident that I can manage.

I haven't been by myself in so long - it feels a little strange.

I get to see two of my best friends in one week - what could be sweeter?

No comments: