Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Rules of Drinking

Drink with meals i.e. don't drink on an empty stomach
Do not mix drinks.
Alternate water with drinks.


All great rules that I clearly chose to ignore Friday night at 1223 when I went out with a few co-workers. All you can drink from 6p - 9p for $20. Top shelf. So what do I do? Drank all I could drink from 6-9pm, no meals, no water and I mixed them. I was determined to get my money's worth....um yeah - not a good idea for someone whose alcohol tolerance is about 1.25 glasses of wine. I think I had about 6- 7 drinks.

I was feeling really great for a moment - dancing and happy. Then we went to dinner - except I didn't get to have dinner, because I spent the entire time I was there puking - on the table, in the bathroom, on the table again...this from a person who swore never to get drunk in front of co-workers. Good move.

They are never gonna let me forget that one. They were great though - they called my roommate and he came to pick me up. God bless him. That man loves me - anybody who will carry me home, put me in the shower and clean me up and make sure I get to bed without too much bodily injury - must love me, I vaguely remember falling in the shower and hitting my head (which I felt the next day).

He teased me incessantly once I was sober. I had a softball tournament the next day, which remarkably I was lucid and physically capable of driving and playing the next day.

I am heading back to work for the first time since then, so hopefully I won't get teased too much considering the plethora of blackmail photos.

1 comment:

N'j said...

Reasons I've shyed away from liquor...Been there, done that, don't ever want to do it again!