Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A fine line...

So my best friend and I were in the hotel room trying to settle the expenses. I bought the Live Earth tickets, she booked the room, so I was planning on writing her a check for the difference. I planned so much that I made a mental note to bring my checkbook and I thought I remembered tossing it into my suitcase in between trips. But when it came time to write the check, my checkbook was nowhere to be found. I looked and looked and I must have seemed crazy, because I started rambling about how I had worked it all out in my mind that I was going to bring the checkbook and that I swear I thought I put it in my suitcase.

Maybe I am crazy... so I practically emptied the suitcase which was terribly unorganized at that point (not that it ever was organized) I didn't really unpack from the last trip. Still no checkbook. So I am thinking I must have left it at my desk at work since I was carrying my cute small purse, I probably left it in the "mama" bag. But I just couldn't imagine why in the world I would do that....I am at the point of insanity while contemplating whether or not I am insane or experiencing an early middle age meltdown. I mean - I could have imagined the whole thing. Maybe I dreamed I put the checkbook in my suitcase, but I never actually did.

So we ended up trekking out to Times Square and I found a bank - not my bank though - so on top of thinking that I am certifiable, I have to pay the stupid $2 fee. Talk about adding insult to injury. Yes, I am that anal about even small amounts of money. But I got over the fee, but it nagged me for a little while that night that I couldn't figure out where my mystery checkbook was hiding.

So last night after work, I am unpacking my suitcase and it appears that I have emptied it. I am about to put it up and there lodged between the lining is my checkbook. It was like it was there to mock me. My first thought which I screamed out loud was "I am really not crazy!" Never mind that I am talking to myself at this point.

No comments: