Monday, February 26, 2007

34 Days and Counting...

I am trying not to get too excited about my new job (which when I am work is pretty easy to do) considering I am so ready to give up my current job. I wish I could take the next 30 days off, so when I get back I can just start my new job. It reminds me of how I had to wait so long at my last place employment for an internal job move. I waited about 3 months - it is hard not to lose motivation when you know you are moving on. At least at my last job, I was excited about training someone else. I really liked my replacement - in fact we are friends.

This time....I don't dislike her. She just wouldn't be my first choice. I have no say in the matter, but I think it isn't the best move for the morale of the group. That's a different story.

It's going to be a little weird. Like I will still interact with everyone, but on a different level. Even still, I am happy. I will miss some things - like I do like production (most of the time) especially remotes, so I will miss that. But I am so happy to give up billing - it is becoming more of a hassle than ever before. There are too many people involved in the process and its becoming a bit too political. I think I will miss the laughter and joking around the most - it certainly helps the day go by faster.

A lot of strange things are happening there, but if I can get another year or two out of them, I believe that will be enough time to get the experience I want. I just hope I can keep a low profile and stay out of the politics. All I want to do is make my 6.

I got caught up in a little drama with the psychopath - there's only one and I ended up going to HR. She was upset with me and made sure everyone knew why (even though she didn't know what she was talking about) if she had asked me, and was only slightly rational, then she would have known how the situation occurred. First of all it was minor and not even something a normal person would get upset about - the only reason I got mad is that she was running around telling people I dropped the ball...and I just can't let that go unchallenged.

The truth is I have never liked her - she is mean-spirited and narcissistic on an unparalleled level. I am in awe of how highly she sees herself. She is constantly saying hateful things about other people and shamelessly promoting herself. And some of these people are her "friends". I could never trust a person who regards their "friends" that way. And after all the trash she talked about me, she tried to have a girlfriend conversation with me - I don't have the plastic act down yet, so basically what you see is what you get. And that meant - no girlfriend conversation - civil yes, girlfriend no... forget about it. But I will be professional and do my job. It is unfortunate that she was definitely one of the reasons I considered leaving the company.

But out of all the craziness that goes on and there is a lot of it, I still think there are a few good reasons to stick it out. Perhaps one of them is that I will have a new job, that they basically created for me so I would stay. It is a totally lateral move, but I think it will give me the experience I want as opposed to what I am doing now. If it doesn't, then I will reconsider in a few months - no big deal.

No comments: