I had all these awesome weekend plans, but my body had something else in mind. I was planning on going out for drinks on Friday, but instead I came home and went to sleep. I was going to go on my jog on Saturday, which I attempted, but the jog quickly changed to a walk which was then followed with tea, cough drops, nyquil and sleep. Even still I was holding out hope that I could go to my co-workers house warming. It was a party with an 80s theme and I have to admit I was pretty excited about it. I haven't seen his place yet, but I remember when he first started looking, soI was pretty bummed as I downed a few vitamin C tablets, soup and OJ....this can't be happening again. And today, I thought perhaps I would go get some much needed spiritual recharging, but I never even made it to the shower... I wanted to go see Amazing Grace, but I have been playing solitaire and watching movies and sleeping all day. I feel like such a waste of space, but at least some of my favorites came on today. My Fair Lady, Boomerang, My Cousin Vinny - since I had to be stuck at home sick, at least I have something to watch. And I got caught up with all my DVR shows. Wow, I feel like such a loser...
Speaking of loser, I am still in first place in the Biggest Loser contest. There are three weeks left, so I just need to keep losing weight, which has been expedited by constant exercise, which could be compromised by lying in the bed sick....so this has to end now! I have to win. I am obsessed with winning - just like I am obssessed with finding this book which is apparently out of print. It is called Power! How to Get It, How to Use It by Michael Korda. I have been obssessed with it ever since my hair dresser told me about it. I love him by the way - each visit is like a therapy session and salon session wrapped up into one.
My thoughts as always are all over the place. I am upset that my brother lost his job. I want to help him, but I want him to want to help himself first. I wouldn't even mind (much) if he moved in....but he would have to be totally committed to getting himself together and he'd have to be responsible. I am also concerned about my cousin, he is more like a big brother to me and he is ill and the doctors can't identify exactly what is wrong with him. That's pretty frustrating. My other cousin is going back to Iraq for the third time in March. I won't even go there.
I held a baby on Thursday and my heart just melted. I helped changed his diaper - oh he was so cute. I get all gaga over cute dogs - what's the matter with me? Must be hormones.
I had a dream I had a daughter. The father was somewhat of a mystery to me - I know - pretty scandalous - glad it was just a dream. Come to think of it, everytime I have a dream about my offspring, the father is a big unknown. Anyway, she reminded me of my cousin Amanda - she was very engaging. When she entered a room, I completely disappeared - all eyes were on her. I wonder if all mothers experience that. I wasn't hating or anything, but I was just wondering when someone was going to ask how I was doing. So much for that.
Does my dreaming about having a kid mean I am ready for diaperdom?
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment