Yeah, that's right and I am trying to lose as much as possible - weight that is. I am in the office Biggest Loser pool. I am the only woman in the contest. The most tramautic moment was the initial weigh in. Who knew I was that big? 139 pounds. That's more than I have ever weighed and a lot for a person of my stature. I was shocked and horrified - when did all that happen? I knew my clothes were getting a little snug, but I chalked that up to laundry gods and just bought bigger sizes. After the initial shock - I think I may have cried a little - I decided that I had to something - so I joined the running club and started working out and have cut back on sweets (a little).
I amazed that I have only missed one run since I have joined - we run twice a week. I have always hated running. I could never imagine why someone would torture themselves that way. In fact, I am sure that it is why I am an awesome outfielder. We used to have to run laps everytime we missed a ball, so I just caught everything that came near me. It is starting to grow on me - I am probably the slowest runner in the world, but I keep it moving. I think I will run a 10K this year. I am on track to do that - I can't believe I am even contemplating such a challenge, but now its seems doable.
I think the most frustrating thing is that I haven't lost of ton of weight yet. It has been coming very slowly - patience is not one of my strong characteristics, but I haven't had much choice. We weigh in ever Friday and this will go on until Mid-March. Naturally since I mentioned my patience issue, I periodically check my weight during the week. I walk up a flight of stairs and check the scale - surely that had to have burned 5 pounds - at least - but no such luck....
Ok, so now I want more money and a new job. I could get both probably without too many problems, but I don't want the same type of job that I have now. I have figured out my ideal job for now, but no such position exists at my company. I would gladly do it, I am trying to test the waters to see if I can present it as an alternative to my current position. I would love to define it and I think it would be a step in the right direction for me. I could leave the company easily and get more money - I already have a few leads on that - but quite honestly I really am not ready to leave yet.
The best news yet is that after all this time, I now have a drive which has the footage to my film, which means it can be cut a lot better than it was - I will have to find music, which I don't think should be a problem. But I am worried a little about continuity - I knew some of those issues would come up when we were shooting - but that was just one more argument. At any rate there is a part I would like to cut out completely, but I am not sure how to do it yet. I didn't think I would ever have this opportunity and the whole experience was so tramautic for me, I just kinda put it out of my head.
So much to do - so little time.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Remember, it's not about the weight but about overall health. You may not see the scale change due to an increase in muscle mass from exercise, so use your clothes as the indicator of size. If they're looser, you're a loser, no matter what the scale says. You can do this and I'm proud of you for making the change!
Post a Comment