I am officially a hater. One of my friends got an awesome job offer in San Diego after two long years of pounding the pavement. Of course I am thrilled for her - she deserves it. That means if I ever visit San Diego, I will have someone to have dinner with. So I am not really hating on her, but I am hating on...
My coworker is going to the Superbowl. She just be happens to be dating someone who obviously has money or pull or both and now they are going - just like that. I want to have a glam life like that.
Why can't I have that? My boyfriend always says, "if you plan it, you can do it". The thing is, I don't know how to plan to be fabulous. How does one plan for that? If I knew, it would be in the works as we speak.
I had a thought today as I fell off the biggest loser wagon (that's an entirely different story) that as much as I was opposed to the idea, I should be using my feminine wiles to improve my career. Except, I am not sure I still have any wiles. And what the heck do I do with them? Surely I must have them somewhere. I must put that in my calendar to find them and use them at will. This is a tragic result of being a tomboy for most of my life.
Although I haven't read the book, my best friend mentioned a book she was reading entitled "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office". The title alone is pretty intriguing to me. I think people do view me as "nice". That's unfortunate. I need to work on that. The truth is, I am not always nice. I am shy, but I can be as bitchy as I am nice. I am fiery when necessary and I stand my ground on things that are important to me. But I am naturally optimistic and I generally like most people. I do hate confrontations though and I avoid them unless it is related to my bank account.
So what do I need to do to change my "nice" veneer? I can't change my "cuteness" which has been the bane of my existence for (well always). Being cute is definitely not an asset. I have tried to change that, but to no avail. I hear people say it all the time and it really pisses me off. I'd much rather be exotic or quirky or dayumn...well maybe not dayumn because then everyone would want to sleep with me. Exotic or quirky would be great. It's like having an outstanding characteristic that people remember and that makes a person stand out. Cute sucks.
Why haven't I figured this out yet?
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment