I am never trading travel horror stories with anyone before going on a trip - I am convinced it is bad luck - like self fulfilling prophesy. I spent the day before I left DC chatting with a co-worker about our travel stories - they were all the kind of stories that looking back - you could laugh about it. Well the latest horror is now and I am not laughing.
I don't think I will fly US Airways again. Aside from having to fly from Jax to Philadelphia and back down to DC last night, they lost my luggage. It is now 7:30pm and I am still waiting for it. Of course, I called them first thing this morning and they gave me a time window worse than Comcast (don't even get me started on them). The window was sometime today. They located my bags at noon and I am still waiting for them.
I had a ton of stuff to do today and I essentially wasted a whole day sitting here. Now things that I needed to do today will have to be done tomorrow and not only that I already have things I need to do tomorrow. This is suppose to be my rejuvenation time - my time to take care of all my business before I go back to work.
I didn't get a phone call until about 5:00 at which point the driver said two hours - he then changed it to one to pacify me, but obviously it has been longer than two hours.
I am furious. I will be composing a letter to US AIRWAYS requesting some of my money back. There is no need to offer me any frequent flyer miles or a credit towards another trip....I will not be flying with them. I generally prefer non-stop flights and since those cost a kidney, I reluctantly purchased these tickets - which were the cheapest I could find at a whopping $278. I almost didn't want to go home.
Of course I am glad I went - it was great seeing my family - especially my mom and the kiddies. My "little" cousin who is twelve is about 5'8 - it is unbelievable. We played the Sponge Bob version of Life - which was fun. My younger cousin, who is seven, won the game....
We went to see King Kong Monday night - that was - action packed. It seemed like a lot of movies rolled up into one, but it was entertaining. Not sure how I feel about all the "people" or zombies or whatever on the island being of the darker persuasion. I wouldn't go so far as to call the film racist as others have, that may be a bit much. I just think that at the time the original film was made, it was widely believed that Africa was the "dark continent" and that the people were uncivilized and tribal oriented - thus scary. Perhaps it was a fear of the unknown. At any rate, that part of the film didn't appeal to me, but overall it was alright. It is definitely a movie theatre movie - the special effects are nonstop.
Ok talking about something else has calmed me down a bit, but now it is almost 8pm and still no word. I am hungry and was supposed to meet a few people out for dinner an hour ago....arrgghhh
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment