Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Meet the Parents

I suppose this has gone on long enough. But why does it have to be on Thanksgiving? I guess since it is a family holiday and since I am not going home to visit my folks... I was thinking of doing absolutely nothing on Thanksgiving. I would actually be content to just sleep and possibly watch football and make a couple of seafood dishes and just be happy I am not working.

But it is time. We have been dating long enough.... I already had a surprise meeting with mom. We got up and went to what I thought was a random church, but it turned out to be his mom's church (that would have been nice to know ahead of time) and that is how I met his mom. It was a brief (and awkward for me) meeting, but she seemed really nice. (That was real slick, T)

I am still not sure I am ready for a family dinner. While I worry about awkward pauses, I will plan on making a dish and then worry that it comes out well. Sounds fun.

2 comments:

N'j said...

I'll start saving for a trip to DC. He's got to pass my test & not set off the jack@$$ alarm.

Me said...

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You are just meeting new people, thats all! And if you just be yourself, they will love you! Meeting the parents is not as scary as people make it seem. Just be you...I mean thats what their son likes you for anyway!
Good luck!
-Farah