Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Queen Rules

While I was at the hair salon, I heard the most beautiful angelic voice coming through the CD speakers. I was so impressed that I inquired about the songstress - only to find out that it was Dana Owens. That name really didn't ring a bell with me until my stylist said 'otherwise known as Queen Latifah'. My jaw dropped - I had no idea she had such an amazing voice. I can't believe I slept on it for this long. How long ago did "Chicago" come out... Anyway, it is a jazz album and it is one of the best I have heard in a long time. I think it shows off her range and has given me a new respect for her. I love her rendition of California Dreamin' and I Put a Spell on You. If you've lost that lovin feelin', this might help you get it back.

This is a good one for the collection.

No comments: