Monday, November 28, 2005

Hormone Overload

At least I hope that's what it is or it could be post holiday blues. I woke up dreading the coming work day. Sometimes I just feel really burned out. I have a really hard job and it's hard mainly because it's thankless. You get none of the glory when things go well and all of the blame when things go wrong and you are responsible for every minute detail and I have the added bonus of having to deal with one of the whiniest crews I've ever seen. They complain about everything - it's unbelievable - like having to sign in and out. Well, you couldn't seem to get to work on time before then, so....Sometimes the staff is harder to deal with than the clients. Actually most of my clients are great - I think that is what makes the job bearable and even fun at times.

To make my job even more fun, I have quite a few well meaning co-workers constantly telling me how to do my job. It's nice to have people second guessing you all day. It's ok every once in awhile, but I am not incompetent and I have a large workload - so my having to stop to reassure someone who really isn't involved in the situation makes it harder for me to focus on what I am doing.

Sometimes I feel so scatterbrained because I have to stop and change gears all the time. Changing gears is ok, except when I end up in reverse. I guess I have to find a way to walk the tightrope and maintain my balance.

I thought I would hurt a couple of people today, but it's all good. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: